Three Grade 6 students were recognized for their accomplishments at the Grade 6 farewell on Tuesday, June 28, 2016.
Dakota Ylioja received the Library Citizenship Award presented by Mrs. Elaine King. Dakota best exemplified the following criteria for this award:
- Demonstrates leadership within the school community
- Works hard to enhance the overall atmosphere of the school
- Demonstrates a passion for reading and/or literacy
- Shows maturity and responsibility in his/her decision making
- Displays exemplary behaviour and conduct towards students and teacher
Cassandra Mack received the Academic Award presented by Ms. Rogerson and Mr. Van Dyk. Cassandra met the following criteria:
- The student will achieve excellent academic scores in all four core subjects.
- The student will couple excellent achievement with a strong work ethic.
- The student will participate in the grade six leadership program, and will be a difference maker at Dorothy Dalgliesh School.
Logan Hillaby received the Most Improved/Leadership Award presented by Ms. Rogerson and Mr. Van Dyk. Logan met the following criteria:
- The student will show exceptional growth in one or all of the following areas: academic, social, emotional, leadership and/or volunteerism.
- The student will contribute to the overall health of Dorothy Dalgliesh School (including its’ goal of being a safe and caring environment for everyone).
- The student will be a participant in the grade six leadership program, and will be a difference maker at Dorothy Dalgliesh School.